Nov 25, 2020
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), has been signed between UMT and NIC-Karachi through CENTIN-UMT.
On behalf of UMT, it was signed by Mr. Abid H. K. Shirwani- (Director General UMT), Whereas on behalf of NIC-KHI, it was signed by Mr. Faisal Jamil- (EVP, LMKT).
Under this agreement, UMT and NIC would collaborate for the following objectives:
- Provision of technical, commercial and incubation support to student entrepreneurs as well as faculty members.
- Arrangement of entrepreneurial events, webinars, innovation challenges, competitions and hackathons, as joint initiatives to help aspiring entrepreneurs improve their potential.
- Facilitation in incubation roadmap, curriculum, mentors, and speakers.
- Assistance for incubated startups in solving challenges and commercialisation of innovative technology.
- Establishment of further linkages for arranging programs and services.