A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between UMT and PITAC on December 22, 2020 through CENTIN/Futurizm.
PITAC is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Industries, Government of Pakistan. Established in 1962, with the merger of Industrial Research and Development Center (IRDC) and Industrial Productivity Center (IPC).
The collaboration aims to provide multiple opportunities for young startups and UMT supported research projects in the following areas;
- Designing and Manufacturing of Jigs, Fixtures, Dies and Gauges.
- Designing and Manufacturing of Plastic Injection Molds, Blow Molds and Compression Molds.
- Sheet Metal Press Dies & Machine Components
- Heat Treatment & Welding
- Foundry and Pattern Making
- Advanced Inspection Services
- Conceptual Design & Development
- Precision Inspection Services
- Product Development & Reverse Engineering
- Preventive Maintenance & Calibration Services
- Hands on training courses to the workforce of local industry
Together UMT and PITAC would engage students and provide support in learning and accessing different equipment so that UMT students would be encouraged towards innovation and develop value-based skills.
In order to avail any of above-mentioned support/services from PITAC, interested participants are encouraged to write us @ firstname.lastname@example.org so that the collaboration could be materialized through a proper channel.