Warq-Al-Qadeem is a start-up whose foundation was laid in 2017 inspired by the struggle of our student Miss Kiran Zafar. She came up with the idea of biodegradable paper that was made from waste tetra pack and other waste material. Mr Salman Bhutta & Ayesha Amjad are the co-founder of Warq-al-Qadeem.
- A Bio-degradable, acid-free and eco-friendly paper.
- A variety of handmade paper such as Petal embossed paper, plant fibre, cotton, jute, mulberry, coconut hair, tetra pack, old, clothes, old newspapers & magazines and more.
- Fire-retardant lamp shades.
- Personal diaries.
- Customized furniture.
- Handmade wooden sculptures from reclaimed wood or rotten wood.
Currently, they are dealing with students and people who are mostly related to art fields or have a good taste in arts, customized furniture and everything that incorporates handmade paper. Their major clients are WWF, NCA, PIFD & UMT’s Art & Craft Students and Art Galleries.
- Won 1st Position and Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000/- in Women Entrepreneurship Idea Competition and Exhibition at UMT on May 26, 2016.
- Won 2nd Position and Cash Prize of Rs. 50,000/- in DICE Invent 2016 at NUST on December 21-22, 2016.
- Won Innovation Award in 6th Invention to Innovation Summit 2017 at Punjab University on March 7-8, 2017.
- Received “Patron Medal” on the 14th convocation held at UMT on November 14, 2017.
- Received Special sponsored award for an outstanding student with a cash prize of Rs.100, 000/- on the 14th convocation held at UMT on November 14, 2017.
- Received “Rector’s Award for Entrepreneurship and Innovation” on the 14th convocation held at UMT on November 14, 2017.
- Got selected among 100 startups over 25,000 applicants in the Startup Istanbul 2017.
- Sponsored by the Turkish Exporters assembly for the Turkey Innovation and Entrepreneurship Week contributes greatly to the settlement and development of the concept of innovation in Turkey .where only 60 Founders were invited by the Assembly among 17,000 entrepreneurs All over the world held on 6-9 Dec 2017.
- Shortlisted as a wild-card entry at GSEA Lahore Chapter held on 27th January 2018.
Shortlisted as a finalist on National level in the GSEA Awards held on 10th Feb 2018 at National incubation centre under the roof of Lahore University of management and sciences.